Fundraising Team - Fundraising Events Coordinator
Fundraising Team - Volunteer Events Coordinator
Why we need you:
A very exciting opportunity has arisen within one of our newly established fundraising teams for an events coordinator. The Bristol and Bath fundraising team was formed in August 2010 by a group of people living around the Bristol and Bath area who are committed to raising vital funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign through a range of fundraising events. The team started raising funds sitting in the Weston Wheel on the pier for 30hours, since this they have signed people up to take part in running events, skydives and organised a large Asian dinner. The team have also formed some excellent fundraising with local businesses, including Bath Ales and Malloy’s. With a busy events calendar and aims to keep the team continuing to increase awareness and funds for the charity, the team are looking for dedicated volunteers to work and lead on some events over the coming months.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a very professional and extremely successful voluntary fundraising team. You will make a difference to the further contribution they make to the charity.
What will I be doing?
• Working closely with the team leaders from the Bristol and Bath Fundraising team, you will establish a clear action plan for the events they have already in their calendar.
• Propose new events to add to the calendar and develop a plan and business plan for each event.
• You will be responsible for marketing and promotion of events, the registration process, planning for the event and managing all aspects which will ensure that the event raises the most money for the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
• An interest in events management and volunteer led fundraising;
• Enthusiasm for the cause and determination to make events a success;
• Ability to respond proactively to new opportunities;
• Strong research skills and excellent interpersonal skills;
• The ability to work well with staff and other volunteers as part of a team but also on your own initiative
How much time do I need to commit?
We are looking for someone to commit to volunteering for a minimum of one day a fortnight for one year. However, there may be opportunities for you to give more/less time.
What support will I be given?
A dedicated member of staff will guide and support you in your work plus you will receive supporting materials, a full induction to the charity and specific training, where appropriate, to help you get the most from your role.
What benefits can I expect?
• The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign and to supporting our vital work;
• The enjoyment of meeting new people in your community and working as part of our skilled and friendly fundraising team;
• The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in areas such as events management, fundraising, marketing and communication;
• The chance to gain experience of working with a leading charity.
Where will I be based?
You will be able to complete your tasks from home; however the role will also require you to travel to selected events and meetings.
How do I apply?
or ring the Volunteering hotline on 0845 872 9058