Setting up a family fund is a great way to fundraise for the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, as a family or group. We will look after the administration, Charity Commission paperwork and accounts on your behalf so you can concentrate on fundraising.
Why set up a Family Fund?
- You can name your fund however you choose; name it after your friend or family member or your local area
- We will help promote your story on our website and through our social media activity
- You will have a dedicated Volunteer Fundraising Manager who will support your fundraising activities and update you on the impact this is making on our work
- We will provide you with fundraising materials including sponsor forms, posters, balloons and collecting tins
- You will receive quarterly updates about our work, local fundraising events and have the opportunity to advertise your own events
How your Fund will be spent
By raising funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, you are supporting our work to find treatments and ultimately cures for muscular dystrophy and related conditions and to make a real difference for people affected by them in the UK.
If you're interested in a particular condition or a specific area of our work, please let us know. We are keen to match our work to donor interest and we can restrict your funds to planned projects and broader areas of activity such as our Duchenne Breakthrough Research Fund or other condition-specific research such as our young Scientists of the Future programme; family support and advocacy, and education. Your funds will then be spent on projects for those areas of work.
For more information about setting up or supporting a Family Fund, please contact your local Volunteer Fundraising Manager.
Use the filters (right) to search Family Funds in your area or by condition, or view all Family Funds.
- Abbi's campaign - one in a million Gary and Sarah Bennett, whose daughter, Abbi, has Ullrich congenital muscular dystrophy, started a fundraising committee which they called Abbi's campaign - one in a million.
- Adam's Fund Adam’s Fund is a family fund set up by Toni and Phil for their eight-year-old son Adam, who has Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Archie's Foundation Archie's Foundation is a Family Fund set up by Louise and Gary for their eight-year-old son Archie, who has Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Auzair's Fast Track Research Fund The Arshad family has set up Auzair's Fast Track Research Fund, for 16-year-old Auzair who has Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- B. Baggins Foundation The B. Baggins Foundation is a family fund set up by the Booths for their son Ben, who has limb-girdle muscular dystrophy.
- Callum's Crusade Callum’s Crusade is a family fund set up by Damian and Beth for their son Callum, who has, at present, an undiagnosed form of muscular dystrophy.
- Carrieon-fighting Carrieon-fighting is a family fund set up by Mark and Cheryl North for their daughter Carrieanne, who has congenital myopathy.
- Carson's Angels Carson’s Angels is a family fund set up by Sabrina and David for their son Carson, who has Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Christopher McCollum Fund The Christopher McCollum Fund is a family fund set up by Gerry and Geraldine McCollum, in memory of their son Christopher who had Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Conrad's Fight Conrad's Fight is a family fund set up by Clair and Richard for their son Conrad, who has Duchenne muscular dystrophy.