Whether you're looking for our expert factsheets about medical conditions or comprehensive guides on adapting your home, you can find them here. The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign is committed to delivering high quality, relevant information to those affected by muscular dystrophy and related neuromuscular conditions, their families, carers and health professionals involved in their care.
Our Information Service was recently awarded the Information Standard - a Department of Health quality mark that identifies reliable sources of quality, evidence-based health information.
The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign shall hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the Scheme Operator nor the Scheme Owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs, losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website on behalf of The Muscular Dystrophy Campaign. For more information read our Publications Briefing document.
Need more help with using this section? Then please contact us on 0800 652 6352 (freephone) or email@example.com
- About me and my MD Personal A5 information card for people with muscle disease to ensure that anyone who doesn't know about you or your condition reads it to understand your needs better.
- Adaptations manual CD guide giving comprehensive information on making appropriate and cost-effective home adaptations for people with muscle disease.
- Adult self management pack A4 folder guide which gives essential information on a wide range of medical and daily living issues for those diagnosed with muscle disease as adults.
- Alternative therapies Factsheet giving information about the use of alternative and complementary therapies to manage the symptoms of muscular dystrophy.
- An introductory guide for families with a child newly diagnosed with a neuromuscular condition Booklet providing information and support for parents and/or carers of a child recently diagnosed with a condition other than Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- An introductory guide for families with a child newly diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy Booklet providing information and support for parents and/or carers of a child recently diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- Anaesthetics Factsheet giving information for people who have muscular dystrophy about considerations when preparing to have an anaesthetic.
- Becker muscular dystrophy Factsheet giving information about Becker muscular dystrophy, including causes, progression and management of symptoms.
- Becoming a man - Life with Duchenne muscular dystrophy Booklet exploring the experiences of the 40 young men who were consulted in David Abbott and Professor John Carpenter's study on transition.
- Becoming an adult - Transition for young men with Duchenne muscular dystrophy A4 report focusing on how transition affects young men with Duchenne, their families and the key professionals who support them.