About muscle-wasting conditions
There are various questions which people who are new to a diagnosis of muscle-wasting conditions ask. Here are some answers.
We have covered a range of topics here in response to some of the questions you might have. Please also see our About muscular dystrophy section for more information on specific conditions and our free publications section for more detailed information on medical, equipment and daily living issues.
If you haven't found the information you are looking for here, please contact us, we're happy to help:
0800 652 6352 (freephone)
- How can I get in touch with other people who have muscle disease?
- How can the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign help me?
- How have I inherited muscle disease?
- How will my condition affect me?
- What is muscle disease?
- What professionals will be involved in my diagnosis, treatment and care?
- What research and clinical trials are being carried out in my condition?
- What services are available for people with muscle disease outside the UK?
- What shall we say to other people about our child's condition?
- What shall we say to our child and when?